Old 02-19-13, 04:00 PM
CB HI
Cycle Year Round

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1316 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 59 Posts
Originally Posted by cehowardGS
Don't know if they were using lights or not. Sounds like they were not using lights. I am just guessing on that..
REALLY, another disgusting blame the cyclist thread, especially when we already know the motorist was not even looking where he was driving and admitted fault.

I have nearly been hit from behind four different times while running some of the better cycling lights. Three were daytime and one was at night.

The nighttime one was likely a drunk.

The first daytime one was a guy picking up a CD player off the passenger floorboard.

The second was a woman reading a religious pamphlet. She was letting GOD guide her car.

The third was a old guy that had vision problems and never should have been driving. Even after I bailed, his mirror hit my arm. He hit a car a couple weeks after nearly running me down.

The bright rear light did nothing for my safety with these four drivers. A mirror allowed me to see them coming and bail the off road before they hit me. Sad to think that if any of those jerks had hit me, so many of you would have been jumping onto BFs to blame me.

Stop blaming the cyclist because some jerk cannot watch the road in front of them.