View Single Post
Old 02-21-13, 07:53 AM
EBikeFL 

Bikes: 2012 Kona Lanai

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nice write-up, DrkAngel. I've been using ebike.ca's simulator as well. I've been meaning to send the guys at ebike.ca an email with a request to put the Papamotor 48v 1000w hub motor on the list of options.

Absolutely, wind plays a huge factor the faster you want to go. I noticed a considerable change before and after installing my front fairing. Even with it, the wind if directly blowing at me takes a big bite out of my performance. I've seen a drop of 5 mph in the extreme conditions I've ridden in and the 48v 15Ah Ping battery really gets a workout.

I can easily get over 20 miles at 30+ mph with my current setup assuming the wind is between 0-5 mph, the road surface is smooth, and I'm not carrying any cargo in the panniers. Of course, the terrain here in Florida is mostly level which also helps.

I've been using Schwalbe's Big Apple tires in the 26" x 2.35" size and so far they've performed flawlessly. I've got a new rear 7-speed cog with an 11t so I'm looking forward to pushing my max distance to 25 miles using just the 48v 15Ah Ping battery.
Soylent Green is People!