View Single Post
Old 02-21-13, 10:47 AM
Onegun
Oldie. Boy, howdy!

Bikes: 2005 Trek T2000 tandem, Giant TCR, Eddie Merckx Majestic Ti, Fuji Team, Giant Revel 29er, Windsor Clockwork (Orange) fixie, and a BikTrix Juggernaut Ultra 1000 fat tire eBike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RonH
I dropped my 4 year old bike computer on the garage floor and it broke into 3 pieces so I had to use my iPhone to track my mileage today. According to it I rode 37.8 miles and climbed a total of 620 feet -- oh wow.
Wow! That's a MOUNTAIN in Florida! Actually, it's twice as high as the highest point in our fair state!

Ron's being too kind about me. I'm actually an opinionated old Vietnam vet grouch, (think Jeff Dunham's "Walter" on a bicycle)! Ron, on the other hand, is a nice guy, and I thoroughly enjoyed the ride and the conversation.

But he tricked me. You've got to watch him folks! He apparently studied the weather forecast better than I did, and he knew if he kept me talking long enough the wind was going to clock around, so he'd have a tailwind, (and I'd have a headwind), both ways. (Like I need any outside stimulus to "keep me talking"!)

I did 32 miles, but was having trouble with something in the back of my knee. So I caused us to stop a bit more than either of us would have liked, I'm sure. But a good ride on a great day in the low 70's with sunshine.

We'll definitely have to make this a regular thing.
BICYCLE - [[I]bahy-si-kuhl] - Noun :> A medical device used to correct the common geriatric condition of OFS, (Old, Fat & Slow), in a manner that does not induce brain-decaying boredom like walking or running.

2005 Trek T2000 tandem, Giant TCR, Eddie Merckx Majestic Ti, Fuji Team, Giant Revel 29er, Windsor Clockwork (Orange) fixie, and a BikTrix Juggernaut Ultra 1000 fat tire eBike