View Single Post
Old 02-22-13, 01:40 PM
contango 
2 Fat 2 Furious

Bikes: 2009 Specialized Rockhopper Comp Disc, 2009 Specialized Tricross Sport RIP

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Big Pete 1982
I just got back from a 5 hour visit to Urgent Care due to severe stomach pains. Turns out I have kidney stones! Hopefully this pain goes away soon. I was just getting back into the swing of things with riding and running.

On the plus side, I feel like I'm in the twilight zone right now from the Vicodin they gave me.
I'm not a doctor nor am I medically qualified in any way, and I've never had kidney stones, so what follows is worth what you paid for it (it came from a friend who found it helpful when he had kidney stones).

Apparently if you drink a large amount of Coke and eat boiled and mashed asparagus within a short time (I think the idea is something eyebrow-raising, like 2 litres of Coke and half a pound of boiled and mashed asparagus), then avoid urinating until you're absolutely desperate to go, the result is it raises your body's acidity to the point the stones dissolve. The friend who tried it said he ended up passing a large number of very small stones - presumably his body had become acidic enough to cause them to dissolve.