View Single Post
Old 02-22-13, 08:34 PM
AerobaticDreams

Bikes: 2009 Bianchi Roadie,1977 Columbia Roadie, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek 830, Centurion LeMans, Rans V-Rex

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Crashed....opps..

Didn't go out today because both the Wife and my bikes are being repaired. On our ride yesterday she got blow off course by a wind gust, dropped into the grass next to the trail and crashed as her wheel caught the edge of the pavement....right in front of me. I then ran over her arm as she tumbled, and did a forward somersault still locked into those pesky modern SPD pedals I am trying to get used to. I hit hard and hurt a lot today. She hurt her wrist and was generally banged up a lot.

Overall, for as bad as the crash was- we didn't get badly hurt at all. We rode back to out LBS and I left her there and rode home to get the van to bring her home. I figured if she was hurt, it would be a trip to ER instead, and sitting let her relax after it all and figure out how bad she was hurt. I was overjoyed to find that she was bummed about the wreck and wanted to get the bikes fixed ASAP. A year ago, she would have been all angry and declared she was never riding again. Cycling is making a huge positive improvement in both our lives.

She doesn't know it yet, but the LBS already fixed our damages and the bikes are safely at home. She'll see them tonight after she gets home from her evening shift. Hope to take a short ride tomorrow!