Old 02-25-13, 09:46 AM
Dudelsack 

Bikes: Lectric Xpedition.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked 96 Times in 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Phil_gretz
The Academy Awards have an extensive production value and a sizeable following. They have a 90-minute pre-game show that features: fashion, jewelry, hair and quite a bit of expert analysis.

My wife and daughters love the fashion portion.

For me, the Motion Pictures Academy and I have little in common. Their membership (in large part) do not value the things that I do, and their inside humor escapes me. The constant pushing of cultural norms and moral barriers...well...let's leave it at this:

I don't watch. I'm not condemning those that do, though. It's just entertainment, after all, just like the NFL.

Phil
There's an Ochocinco joke in there somewhere.

When the Lawrences headed out to La La Land, I thought it was tantamount to child abuse. After all this is the scenario that's been played over and over out there:

-the actress gets exposed to some of the most amoral money-hungry creeps in the universe.
-if you strike it big, you get money thrown at you at a rate that far outstrips one's development of common sense.
-your brain gets tossed in the Waring blender of Hollywood Groupthink and you lose the ability to think independantly.
-because you live in a fantasy world, you become incapable of sustaining healthy long-term relationships.
-you turn to drugs and alcohol for solice.
-the tabloids, who made your life miserable in the first place, offer up touching tributes when you're found dead in a bathtub.

I honestly feel sorry for these people. I would not trade them for my career as a journeyman for nuthin'.