Patriot
Faith-Vigilance-Service

Bikes: Trinity, Paradisus, Centurion, Mongoose, Trek

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Great News from my Wife.

I got to work tonight, and commenced lowering my saddle a little, as I have been feeling over extended a bit, and my patella has been bothering me. My other bike, is almost 1" lower, and never bothers me. So, I figure, set up my commuter the same. Makes sense, eh?

Well, the phone rings in the middle of turning the allen wrench. I drop it, go in my office, pick up the phone, and it's the wife on the other end. My wife has this beautiful Trek 820 MTB/Comfort bike, but never rides it, because she has a Schweet road bike. So, the older MTB has just been sitting in the basement while she has been racking up the miles on her super-roadie.

She asks me, "How hard is it to pull the kids trailer with my MTB?" I said, "Well, it should be pretty easy because you've got the granny gears on that thing."
She says, "Well, I thought about what you said about commuting to work a couple days a week, but I can't because I have no facilities, and need to wear nice clothes. But, I was thinking I could use my MTB with the trailer to commute the girls to school 2 or 3 days a week. I figure, I can drop off the one kid, and bike around town for a couple hours with the other and do some shopping until the older one gets out of kindergarten." (My girls are 5yo and 3yo).

WooHoo!!!! Now, I just gotta get the bike setup for the trailer. I think I want to wrap a piece of old innertube around the chainstay where the trailer clamps on, to protect the paint. The paint is not as durable as factory stuff, since I repainted it myself. It will also need a kickstand, bottle cage, and a lock. I may even get a pannier rack, since it is setup for one. I have a good backpack she can also use.

I have been searching for a way to put less miles on the car once my daughter goes to school, but her commuting to work is not really feasible. However, toting the kids to school with it, is.

I have to encourage her carefully, and be positive. I don't want her experience at this to be a bad one, thus ending up with her going back to driving the car. I am lucky she really likes working out. She sees it as an opportunity to get even more excersise than she already gets.

This has got me very excited!!!