Old 02-28-13, 06:46 PM
xoxoxoxoLive

Bikes: 2013 TREK 7.6 FX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Burton
Well thanks for the recommendation - haven't tried those Hardshells and I'll look some up. Probably in a 25c size though. The streets of Montreal are more like a war zone than proper streets and thats the main reason I moved to really wide Marathon Supremes. There seems to be some kind of competition between the construction industry (currently under investigation for corruption) and the tourist industry (every year we get free guided tours of road construction sites) to see who can promote the sales of most 4x4 automobiles!
So my road bikes had pretty much taken a back seat. Widest tires I can fit are 700x25c and they currently both run Conti Grand Prix 4000's. How do you figure the ride quality of a Conti Hardshell would compare?
I wouldn't really know how they compare, never tried them. (BUT) am glad that I took a ride before posting, hit some huge pot holes. Now I remember why I thought 38's were small, and picked up my first flat with those Hardshells not sure what flatted it though. Didn't go flat till after I put it away, changed the tube and it was a puncture in the sidewall. Did ride through LOTS of broken glass, generally I take the Trek on this rough route, but my son was gone on it.. Anyway I replaced the tube with a 700 x 26/32 , all I had. Never done this before on a small tire, should it be okay ? I have 23's on my Sirrus..