View Single Post
Old 09-01-05, 11:21 AM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Old ButTrying
Very unfit thats why a bought a bike and spent dollars on a new one so I would not throw the towel in, only doing about 5 mins then out of breath have rest and go out again and try again a bit later. Thanks
Most of the information given on this forum is how to improve riding to bikers with some exoperience. Just face it, with your limited experience it is going to be an achievement for you to do a 10 mile ride. The best advice we can all offer you is to keep practicing. I have a training role with youngsters at a local school, But you are even out of my field.

My advice is for you to stay within your limits on energy used and on speed. Make certain that you are confident on gear changing and riding before going to the shops, but keep practicing and keep riding. By the way, Make certain you have a good lock for when you do want to take the thing out and park up for a cup of coffee, or into the shops for a bit of browsing. My wife had a lock on her bike (15 years ago now) but it was still stolen due to it being a cheap lock.