Old 03-01-13, 08:19 AM
TandemGeek
hors category

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
March 1st (18,179)

It's been a little over a month since I last posted a summary, so this list has 15 entries which go back to Jan 19th.

The actual entries with linked websites, objects, video's etc. can be found here:
Blog: http://tandemgeek.wordpress.com
Web: http://www.thetandemlink.com

-----------------------------------

The Tandems of NAHBS 2013…

Ah, the 2013 North American Handmade Bicycle Show… the best thing to happen in American cycling since I don’t know when. Best of all, next year it will be in Charlotte, North Carolina! You can bet your boots that we’ll be there since it’s finally in our backyard!!! Anyway, as a follow-on to my [...] Read more…

Recalibrating Our Riding Habits As We Gear Up For 2013….

Regular readers may recall that I’ve been trying to wean myself off of the two-blog habit, having officially “reunited” my non-cycling ramblings from “Riding Two Up” with “The TandemGeek’s Blog” back on January 13th. I’ve done my best to restrain myself but, frankly, given that we’ve been treated to a more traditional,not-so-mild winter the Harley’s [...] Read more…

Wow! Calfee Raises The Bar Again With NAHBS Tandems

If you hang out on Facebook and have “Liked” Calfee’s FB page, or are a regular on BikeForum.net’s tandem subforums then you’ve probably seen the two over-the-top tandems Calfee took to this past weekend’s North American Handmade Bike Show in Colorado: one was a time-trial special whereas the other was an off-road hardtail 29er with [...] Read more…

2013 Tour de Cure: Please Help Us Reach Our $2,000 Fund Raising Goal!

We are doing what we can to raise both awareness and funds for the fight against Diabetes; won’t you help by way of a generous donation? Why [...] Read more…

Pre-Bay Garage Sale: Tandem Wheelsets & Components

As mentioned a while back, I thought I’d give readers a shot at some tandem wheelsets and components before I put them out on Ebay. 2007 Rolf Prima Vigor Tandem Wheelset / Shimano Freehub: 2007 was the last year that Rolf used the 34mm deep rim with the very narrow brake track, but with the improved, [...] Read more…

Newlywed Bina Bilenky Trahan on Tandems: Stoker’s Life

Stephen Bilenky’s daughter Bina, who has been mentioned several times on our blog before, recently penned an article that appeared on Embrocation Cycling Journal where she shares some anecdotes and insights on tandem cycling. It’s a quick and fun read that we thought our readers might enjoy. You can find it HERE. Read more…

OMG! I Actually Rode My Ventana Marble Peak Today!!!!

Well, miracles do happen! I actually pulled my ’97 Ventana Marble Peak full suspension mountain bike down from the rafters, got it sorted-out so it would be trail-ready, and then paid my first visit with it to the Allatoona Creek Mountain Bike Trail today! I’m almost embarrassed to say, the last time I rode my [...] Read more…

Bike Rumor Contributor’s Tour of Co-Motion’s Shop – Part 3

As a follow-on to today’s Part 2, here’s the third in the series of tree blog entries by Bike Rumor’s “bike commuter / lifecycle contributor” Nick Burklow from Portland, Oregon. Part 3 – Paint & Polish Read more…

Bike Rumor Contributor’s Tour of Co-Motion’s Shop – Part 2

As a follow-on to yesterday’s Part 1, here’s the second in a series of three blog entries by Bike Rumor’s “bike commuter / lifecycle contributor” Nick Burklow from Portland, Oregon. Part 2 – CNC Machining Nick is capturing his Co-Motion stop tour experience in a series of three blog entries, the first of which he [...] Read more…

Bike Rumor Contributor’s Tour of Co-Motion’s Shop – Part 1

My little search engine turned up a nice little blog entry by Bike Rumor’s “bike commuter / lifecycle contributor” Nick Burklow from Portland, Oregon. Nick has recently written a review of a Co-Motion Nor’Wester single bike for Bike Rumor and decided to take it back to Co-Motion’s facility in Eugene, Oregon instead of shipping it back. [...] Read more…

Cycling Apparel: One-In / One Out…???? Yeah, Right.

As a follow on to my “Got Shoes” entry back in early January, and in response to some comments and questions I received both on and off the blog, I finally got around to doing a slight purge of some cycling apparel and in the process did an inventory of what we presently have hanging [...] Read more…

Bicycle Fabrication: Handcrafted to Mass Production

While perusing the video’s on bicycle manufacturing I thought it might be interesting to share a few more videos I stumbled over. I decided to start with the high-end beginning with Seven Cycles & a hand-crafted custom and end with Giant’s final assembly line in Taiwan. Stacked in between is a 2008 video shot [...] Read more…

Industry on Parade / Two-Wheel Triumph, Columbia Bicycles, Circa 1952

Ok, it wasn’t all that hard to find, but once again it’s worth the time to watch and compare how the manufacturing technology & techniques had changed between what you may have seen in the previous Raleigh Bicycle manufacturing film from 1945 to this 1952 film made at the Columbia Bicycle Works in Westfield, Massachusetts. This [...] Read more…

Raleigh Bicycle Manufacturing, Circa 1945

A friend recently ‘liked’ a post on a cycling club’s website that linked to a 1945 British Industry film on how Raleigh bicycles were produced. It’s 17 minutes long, but was absolutely captivating to this bike geek so I thought I’d share it with our readers. I thought I’d shared-out a similar video made here [...] Read more…

I Like Fridays… (Bloggishnish)

As I’ve mentioned in the past, my work schedule is set up such that we work nine 10-hour days, and then have every other Friday as an off-day. In theory, this is a pretty slick schedule. However, in reality 11 to 13 hour days are still the norm, and since the rest of the world [...] Read more