View Single Post
Old 03-02-13, 12:06 PM
Philphine

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 16 Posts
how wide is too wide

i know there's no hard and fast answer, and where and how it's used comes into play, but on a guess, what would you think would be too wide a cargo build?

one of my (not particularly serious) cargo experiments is a madsen inspired kind of deal. i was using their 27" width of their bucket sort of as my target, but the last idea i played with had me making sure i provided clearance for an earlier idea and now the bike is 31" wide in the rear.

truthfully i don't see myself riding it much, let alone in traffic. i'm just kind of wondering if there's some magic number or something. like if the 27" the madsen happens to be is just right for getting through fraffic and 4 more inches would make it impossible or even dangerous to a rider and damaging to cars or something. you know what i mean?

like i said, it's not real serious, but i am taking the time to build it, so i want to take it into consideration. i can backtrack some and maybe narrow it by a couple inches. i guess i'm just trying to figure out if the couple inches is worth the effort. thanks.