nymtber

Bikes: See Signature...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It's been a good ride...

But no more hybrid for me.

I sold my 2009 Sirrus today. I have a 2012 Diamondback Podium 2 arriving tomorrow. I kept saying I would not go back to drop bars, but alas, the sirrus didn't fit or something and I was having numbness in both hands. Tried different bar, stem positions, and grips/gloves. Nothing worked. It was also too upright to ride in any considerable wind for more than 10 miles it seems...on the bike path I could ride 25 miles on a single speed mountain bike with no issue...Also the Podium 2 solves one issue I had with my last road bike, the shifters are Tiagra 10-spd so they have the dual levers (brake and paddle) rather than the thumb lever of the Sora.

After the first few rides on the Sirrus, I secretly wished I had kept my 2006 Allez. I loved the quick handling of the Sirrus, and the ability to stop on a dime. But I always missed that speed, aerodynamics, and long distance comfort of the Allez. Everytime I walked into a bike shop, and saw the road bikes, I felt something was missing. Getting out of the saddle on the Sirrus was NOT natural at all. All my other bikes its like second nature when I need that extra burst.

Thanks to all that have helped me with the Hybrid category. And I hope I have offered good advice to some folks as well! Not that I have been on here in a while, but I will still miss the camaraderie of the Hybrid group! Luckily the Clyde/Athena group is pretty tight knit.