Old 03-05-13, 10:48 PM
champignon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by smallwheeler
yep. its true that most stated dimensions for almost any product are referred to (when the manufacturer is being honest) as "nominal". for example, a 2 x 4 is actually 1.5 x 3. anyway, here's an idea based on my personal experience: the dahon dove (bya412) is a 14" (nominal) wheel bike. it's folded dimensions are pretty small. sorry, i dont recall the measurements exactly, but they are considerably smaller than the curve d3. it has a shorter wheel base, but it is a good quality bike built to the same specs as a curve d3. you will have a hard time finding it. although, there was one that sold on ebay a few days ago for 300. so they do pop up periodically. there are many such bikes to choose from and they do pop up periodically if it is cost-prohibitive to order one from overseas.

tl;dr: to avoid mess and excessive and tiresome disassembly, i'm suggesting that you might consider an even more compact bike than the standard 16" types.
One of those bikes that comes with big shoes and a fake plastic nose that goes "honk honk" when you squeeze it?