View Single Post
Old 03-10-13, 12:19 PM
twocicle
Clipless in Coeur d'Alene

Bikes: Tandems: Calfee Dragonfly S&S, Ventana ECDM mtb; Singles: Specialized Tarmac SL4 S-Works, Specialized Stumpjumper Pro, etal.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 15 Posts
Originally Posted by WNY tandem
Twocicle, I also backed mine off to about what you set yours at and I think I'm happier with that tension. But the real test will be when we get out on the road with it.
I see you mounted the ring on the inside of the spider. To do that on our setup would require cheating the crank spacing to the timing side, and the drive side chainline would have suffered. With the chainline set at 50mm, there wasn't enough room for mounting the CDX ring on the inside. On the front, I added 2mm chainring spacers (and 9mm bolts) to move the ring further out and align it with the rear, without requiring offsetting the captain's cranks to the timing side.

Pretty nice & new cranks there I can't tell if it's the carbon weave or protective tape in your photo. If they don't have some kind of "frame-saver" tape on the crank arms yet, you might want to add that to keep scuffs off. I use: ISC Helicopter-OG Surface Guard Tape (8 mil Outdoor Grade)

Last edited by twocicle; 03-10-13 at 09:44 PM.