View Single Post
Old 03-10-13, 02:13 PM
Jamesw2

Bikes: Trek 1420 triple, Mercier Corvus, Globe 1 700, Surly Disc Trucker, GT Avalanche, GT Grade, GT Helion, Mercier Corvus, Motobacane Boris X7 Fat Bikes,

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by roccobike
Will Bikes Direct take the bike back? I mean if they said one thing in the ad, then sent you a bike that doesn't meet that discription, that's pretty close to fraud.
That really sucks.
Buying from a bike shop might have been a better move, but the bike shops around here won't let you trail ride a MTB. Somehow trying it out in the paved parking lot doesn't quite make it. Hope things work out for you.

It really isn't a Bikesdirect issue it is a Dawes issue and what they call a 4 bar suspension . . I am happy with bikes direct they have always given me good customer service.
I tried to get a GT Sensor 9er Comp but at $600 more I just wasn't willing to spend . . .

I rode the bike today and for my use it will be ok ( go on some trails to sharpen my riding skills and club rides at local parks) The reason for going full suspension is I don't stand up on the pedals . Efficiency and bad feet being the reasons.

The reason for posting is a public service announcement to those who rely on the honesty of bike builders