View Single Post
Old 03-15-13, 11:22 AM
godshammgod

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sherbornpeddler
G, Looks like a serious ride! 130 miles in June. Any idea how many ride? Peletons or tourists? I gather the rider can drop a bag at the start and pick it up in P Town. Showers and food at the finish? How do most folks return? From years of PMC rides, a bike truck and a bus are pretty convenient. This seems a little more casual and one should arrange a P town pick up or get there in time for a ferry back.
It is a pretty hefty ride. I did it last year despite being severely under-trained, and really enjoyed it still. Wind and rollers definitely wear you down during the latter half of the ride.

Usually about 150 riders. It splits pretty evenly between pelotons versus more casual riders. Last year, my friend and I rode the first 40 or so miles with a large, fast pack. After that there were smaller pacelines. In general though, all the riders were really friendly, etc. Definitely not a hammerhead/ego type atmosphere, even in the large groups.

They do have a bag drop, which is GREAT. However, no shower facilities. It is pretty casual. Some people stay the night after the ride. But, my friend and I hopped on an 8:30 ferry back to Boston. We finished around 4:30/5:00ish so we had some nice downtime before heading back.