Old 03-17-13, 02:13 PM
neo_pop_71

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by mainstreetexile
To each, their own. All of the braze-ons on the cimarron and early touring-style mtbs are part of what really interests me in those frames. I'm curious to see how lightweight you can get it, but with the 70 degree angles, it seems like there would be better starting points for your project. There were other racier MTBs with steeper angles and no fender/rack eyelets made around 85-88 (some of the higher end bridgestones etc).
That's the beauty of it, you can do what you want, and I'll do what I want! I don't feel like anything I've done has diminished the bike in any capacity, this is solidified in the fact that I have no plans to ever sell my Cimarron down the line. You're right about the the parallel 70 seat tube and head tube not being very aggressive but I think you're failing to factor in the 18" chainstays and the overall 43" wheelbase. Do you own a Cimarron? Have you spent much time on one? These are great all around mountain bikes, highlighted with the fillet brazed head tube and the lugged double butted 4130 frame. I love these bikes, period! I'm undertaking this customization to see how far I can push the bike, I want to see how well it matches up against the more aggressive geometry of some of my other bikes. I am very familiar with ride of a Bridgestone MB-1, my MB-1 is my favorite bike!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
MB-1DirtDrop1.jpg (100.9 KB, 1029 views)
File Type: jpg
MB-1DirtDrop3.jpg (100.9 KB, 918 views)
Likes For neo_pop_71: