Old 03-18-13, 02:19 PM
jonainmi

Bikes: 1984-88? Huffy TechtraLITE

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by randyjawa
I seriously doubt that anyone, who knows much about vintage road bicycles, would agree. And, for what it is worth, $430.00 is not a "small amount of money" in my vintage bicycle book.

The OP is entitled to his opinion, of course, just as I am. But, for anyone who does not know much about vintage road bicycles, look to the general concensus, offered by other forum members who have responded to this thread, and do not take the OP's opinion as fact.

Sorry if that is offensive but I so strongly disagree with your opinion of the bike

To quote from your website, good sir:

I have learned that some bicycles work for me and some don't, no matter who manufactured the bicycle. I have owned and ridden top of the line bikes that simply felt wrong to me.

One of the nicest rides I have experienced in my life was on a lower end Legnano that wore an extremely well developed patina of age. True the bicycle was a Legnano, but it was an entry level model with high tensile tube set and pressed steel drops. No sophisticated technology. Ordinary componentry. And even sporting 27" wheels. How could a bike like that have made such a lasting impression on me? But the bicycle did impress. The ride was magical.
I feel very lucky that my $30 find fits so well and rides the way I like. My wife has not been so lucky, she's spent far more trying to find a bike that fits and rides the way she likes - but that's a whole nother story.

I should also point out my $430 figure is over the lifetime of my ownership and includes consumables like tires and tubes.