Old 03-20-13, 11:37 AM
likebike23
Rides Majestic

Bikes: 1983 Univega Gran Turismo, 1970 Schwinn Super Sport, 2001 Univega Modo Vincere, Self-Built Nashbar Touring, 1974 Peugeot U08, 1974 Atala Grand Prix, 1986 Ross Mt. Hood, 80's Maruishi MT-18

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by SeanBonham
Yeah I had to cold set the frame. String is used for alignment. It was a pretty nerve racking, but I think it went well. The original spacing was 126mm, I set it to 132mm. Now I have to find out what is up with the front wheel being not centered in the fork... I know it is not the wheel dish as I have turned the wheel around and the problem is the same on the same side. I think I can get the build done buy tomorrow.
When this happens to me, it's usually the dropouts in the fork not being parallel. Put the wheel in with the quick release loose. Slowly close the quick release and observe the fork ends. Usually one fork end will line up parallel with the locknut and the other will not just as the quick release clamps down. If this is the case, you can put a 12" adjustable on the misaligned fork end and bend it the way it needs to go. Not very precise, but if you're careful and deliberate, it works.

Btw: the bike looks sweet. What are those tires?

Last edited by likebike23; 03-20-13 at 11:38 AM. Reason: adding more