Maelstrom 
Wood Licker

Bikes: Trek Fuel EX 8 27.5 +, 2002 Transition Dirtbag, Kona Roast 2002

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally posted by RWTD
I think what he's saying is go with a routine that works but after 6 weeks or so consider changing to a new routine if your gains seem to be slowing or the routine is becoming stale .The routines he mentioned all have different objectives as well as strengths and weaknesses and you should go with what best meets your objectives /works for you.I think he cycles through the different routines over a number of months to achieve a balanced result.If you are blasting your muscles with your current routine and experiencing the good kind of soreness the next day it sounds like you are doing something right and should see results with continued consistency and should not make changes based on what someone else is doing/seeing results from.FWIW I am currently doing a 3 way split training opposing muscles the same day but have before just recently long done a single bodypart / day routine also with good results.
Exactly......I have a varried set of routines I cycle through each offering different results. They stop me from getting bored (which is VERY easy to do with me) and keep my muscles guessing. I personally use a 3 routine cycle of 6 weeks on 1 week off. I would go with 8 weeks but I suffer serious boredom if I push one routine for too long.

Something like this

Routine 1 - 4-6 weeks - xtraining - all body routine with virtually no rest between sets and forcusing on endurance and duration. This one bores me to know end as I see no actual results and it just doesn't offer any strenght to me but I also realize I need it as a rest period and I need cardio.

1 week rest

Routine 2 - 6 weeks - 3 day basic split 'everyone' seems to get into. I do a push, pull and leg routine OR the normal split.

1 week rest

Routine 3 - 6-8 weeks - This is my favorite as I love power. it is a power routine. 3 days a week but focusing on heavy heavy heavy. It is more complex than that but I enjoy thinking things out completely.

1 week rest and restart cycle

Thats basically it. Keep in mind some people just go with the flow and that works well too. To each his own but in my experience with my mind and body I need it mapped out and varried.