View Single Post
Old 03-21-13, 04:31 PM
Cougrrcj

Bikes: A few...

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 620 Post(s)
Liked 371 Times in 257 Posts
I don't have a white garage door to take pics... My garage door is medium brown. I guess I'll have to refrain from posting pics of any bikes, eh?

Beater bike? I've got a bunch that I've literally garbage-picked. All I've done is put tires/tubes on them to make them rideable. My favorite is 'Ugly'; the '91 Schwinn Woodlands. Funky green w/ web-like 'splatter' paint, rusty racks front and rear... I've got a much better condition Huffy MTB off someones garbage pile, too. Then there's the Sears women's 3-speed in like-new condition that I admit I paid $35 for... Oh, and the brand-new Schwinn women's 12-spd fendered hybrid I got for the wife that she's ridden a grand total of twice in 25 years...

What makes a 'beater' to me? One I'll literally 'ride hard and put away wet' - as in rides to the corner store for brewski when it is raining. Ugly has spent days out in the rain at the dragstrip at multi-day events and never dried off. Do I care? No. It doesn't owe me a thing, although the seat is pretty much trash now... I might have to break down and get another one - from another garbage-picked bike!