Old 09-04-05, 08:37 AM
douchebagonwhlz
www.onecycles.com

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bad dream!

After reading the post about making sure your cog and lockring are super tight from a couple days ago, it has been buried in my subconscious! I woke up at 630 and of course don't want to get up that early on sunday. So in the next hour I dreamed, among extremely strange surrondings and events, including glissading downhill thru mud in snowboard boots, and glissading with the bike there as a type of balance aid, fixed gear, of course, and other bizarro circumstances that aren't really related. the dream goes on that my rear hub wasn't rolling very smooth. So I looked back and the lockring and cog were broken in a way that I am not sure is possible mechanically, but it was deformed. So, my lbs guy is there and he looks at it and fiddles, takes some piece of metal that I have never seen, and is actually so big it is not part of a bike and would weigh a ton. so he removes said piece throws it up against a wall, just like most repair shops would, and retrieves it. It is a threaded piece I do remember, and it is fine and the bike is fine after this miracle. so I take another mud glissade.
I also took a buzzin spill last night on a very indirect trip home from a bar. part of the concern, and rode with someone on the handlebars uphill!!! It was a glimpse into the world of touring handling.