View Single Post
Old 03-24-13, 05:16 PM
hamster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lesper4
1 down 2 to go, I would rather climb 12,000 ft in 115 miles then do doubles.
http://app.strava.com/activities/45686381
+1 If this is an "easy" double, I don't want to see what a hard double looks like.

I did screw up in two ways. I didn't check the forecast before leaving and I was under the impression that it was going to be 50 F at the start (yeah, right.) Then I didn't eat a proper breakfast and I didn't eat enough during the first section because of that fricking cold. (I think I only got 200 calories before CP#1.) I tried to keep up with the group and to make pulls, but, by about mile 65 my legs refused to keep going like that. I sorta crawled along till CP#5 and only at that point some combination of M&M's, ramen noodles, ibuprofen and the smell of finish line gave me strength to maintain decent pace the rest of the way.

Judging by the logs, I overtook you at CP#3. I looked around but there were lots of people and I thought you were long gone. Tried to call you when I saw that your car was still there, but I had a problem with my phone and I couldn't make calls. Did you drive back as you were planning or did you get a room in Buellton? I know I was in no shape to drive that far. (Got a room in a hotel in Lompoc, same price but with a coffeemaker and even a fridge in the room, ha ha.)

P.S. We kept missing each other all day! You rolled into CP#4 while I was still there, and then you rolled into CP#5 just a couple of minutes before I left. I didn't notice you on either occasion.

Last edited by hamster; 03-24-13 at 09:41 PM.