View Single Post
Old 03-24-13, 05:29 PM
Amesja
Cottered Crank

Bikes: 1954 Raleigh Sports 1974 Raleigh Competition 1969 Raleigh Twenty 1964 Raleigh LTD-3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts
They have the small one here for $14.99 right now.

And they have the larger one here for $29.99 at the moment.

Those are pretty good deals if you ask me compared to other handlebar bags on the market. They are not without their flaws but the bags, with a little bit of work, are pretty nice. The biggest thing was lubricating the zippers so they moved easier, breaking the bags in so they weren't so stiff, and chasing all the loose threads with a lighter to melt them back and seal them so they didn't unravel later. It took me about a half hour to prep my bag like this and after a season of use it looks just like new. The zippers keep getting better and better the more I use them. I've re-lubed them once so far just to be sure but I don't even think that was necessary. The bag is heavy-duty rip-stop nylon. I don't think it will ever wear out unless the UV light degrades it some time in the distant future. The stuff is TOUGH. Short of the seams ripping out (and I took care of that by melting back all the crappy seam stitching that was wasn't tied off properly and thermally welded the thread and the fraying cut fabric ends at the seams) It should last forever.