Old 03-25-13, 09:15 PM
rodar y rodar
weirdo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Whoo, congrats!
With all those turns, was it a mostly urban route? How many controls? (just curious). I`m also a newb to this sport, comming mostly from solo commuting and touring. Cue sheets and pelotons were my biggest concerns. For me, the cue sheets did present a few problems on my first brevet (last December), but there hasn`t been any issue with riding in groups- so far they`ve either been loose enough that I didn`t feel cramped or nonexistant. Did you end up riding with other people or leapfrog familiar faces at the controls? That turned out to be fun for me. Navigation actually turned out to be kind of fun too except for the first one.

I started with just making notes on a PDF cue sheet that the RBA sent me, and found out that I couldn`t read it easily, so tried making up my own pretty much like Downtube described. It worked a lot better. After the first event, I started writing out my own by hand in the biggest size possible to get me from one control to the next on a 5 x 7 page. Going over the whole route before hand on Googlemaps helped too. I zoomed in to "street view" where available to see if there were stop signs, left turn lanes, etc., and note that stuff on the sheet.