Old 03-27-13, 04:19 AM
xoxoxoxoLive

Bikes: 2013 TREK 7.6 FX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Tel0004
Nice looking bike. What made you choose the giant over the Trek? Did you ride both, and just like the Giant more?

I went to a Trek dealer today and looked at the 7.2. It looked like a great bike, but I was dressed in business clothes on my lunch break (and it was snowing), so I didn't take it for a ride.

I've think I've narrowed it down to the 7.2 and Giant 1/2, and I will test ride both this Friday, but I wanted to see what your opinion is on both of them as well (I haven't seen the giant in person yet.
I test rode the FX 7.2, 7.3,7.5 & DS 8.3 on Saturday, Had decided on the 7.2, because I did not like the green on the 7.3, the 7.5 was getting to close to my Allez, and then seen the Giant on Craigslist as new in a large. Went and test rode it also, it rode very close to the FX models, Really didn't like the fenders, and it was 5 months old. Came with all paper work and bill of sale, plus KrytoFlex lock, and some lights,(still in the box). Made an offer but the man refused, so was going back and pick up my FX 7.2 today, am going to start commuting to work. But Sunday the man called and decided to except my offer, went and picked up the bike, and it was pouring rain. By that afternoon, (around 1:30) the sun came out, and started riding it, an adjusting the saddle for me, plus had a front brake squeal. I knew after about 30 minutes, this was one of the best riding bikes I have been on. Its also very light weight, in a large, with the lock mounted, and some lights I already had, plus empty water bottle, weighed 33 pounds, not bad for all that bike. Could not stop riding it Monday, and then yesterday. That Sram VIA is the best shifting components, and it only takes your thumb, up shifting & down Shifting. It is hands down probably the best riding bike I've had. Would never have bought it new though, because the Sram components, fenders, etc.. and thought it weighed more. Do yourself a favor and get the ESCAPE CITY, you will not regret it. I did get a good buy on mine, but would pay retail with no problem. The Allez has completely hit the back burner, tried riding it yesterday. But just wanted to go back home after a few pictures, and get on the Giant. and this bike is sweet. Well have to head out for work, hope this helps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSCN0495.jpg (83.2 KB, 186 views)
DSCN0496.jpg (88.3 KB, 164 views)
DSCN0489.jpg (95.8 KB, 147 views)
DSCN0443.jpg (86.1 KB, 147 views)