Old 03-28-13, 05:15 PM
vmaniqui

Bikes: Dahon Speed TR and Dahon Speed Pro TT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by foldienewbie
Interesting. I've seen a few bags like that on sale here. I just hope it doesn't pull my shoulder right off

Earlier I stuffed some 30 lbs worth of weights into a traveling bag just to get the feel of carrying a similar load single-handedly. Suffice to say I could only hobble the first few meters before having to put it down.

I've been thinking about just rolling the bike around (like a trolley) and folding it only when there are issues of space (say, when I'm sitting in public transport and other commuters are going to curse me for taking up so much room). Perhaps it would be much easier to carry the bike up the stairs unfolded because its weight would be better distributed that way? Correct me if I'm wrong.
with your body frame it will be hard lifting a 30lbs bike up and down the stairs. i will suggest getting a dahon curve as it is light and small. easy to lift and you can roll it when folded. i do have a curve sl and it is my regular commute bike. i like it for it's lightness and it's ability to be wheeled when folded. i wouldn't advise a bag for you. as you said before, it could rip your shoulder. just get a light and small folding bike.