Old 03-28-13, 05:24 PM
Mr. Beanz
Banned.

Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
The MST must be like the Armadillos I used to ride. No flats for 5000 miles but the thing felt like a tank. They were so stiff and heavy they would stand up in the center of the room by themselves.

I was in better shape so the slow feel never left me feeling like I couldn't keep up with others. Great training tire for those lonely mtn roads.

After I fell out of form I felt I needed a faster tire to get some speed. If I could get my fat butt back into shape, I'd prolly go back only cause it's a better workout and makes it easier for Gina to keep up.

If I rode with several others, I'd want a faster tire. If commuting, I would care if it was a slow roller or fast tire. I'm pretty good at managing my own MO when riding.

But if I did want a faster tire, honestly, this real funny cause I always had sucky luck with race tires but the GP4000's have been pretty good. I sued to use GP2000's years ago and they sucked. The 4000 must be a far better design. Even at my ****** weight they do well as far as flat protection.

I've had terrible luck with gatorskins and far better luck with GP4000s. I've been real happy with the tires at the probikekit prices of $36 each. No, I don't work for them, just happy with the results and tired of paying $75 at the LBS.

Not sure how many miles I'll get out of them. They table top but the indicator are still there. Since I started using the GP4000s a year ago, I've only had one or two flats.

Maybe try a GP4000 then compare it to the gatoskin protection.

I tried 25 and 23 gatorskins with no luck at all. Flat on the first freakin' ride, new tire small pebble of glass!

GP4000s $37 700x23.........700X25 $10 more.

http://www.probikekit.com/us/tyres-t...road-tyre.html

Last edited by Mr. Beanz; 03-28-13 at 05:48 PM.