View Single Post
Old 03-30-13, 04:57 PM
Wooden Tiger

Bikes: 2012 Cannondale Flash Alloy 2 (mountain bike), 2010 Schwinn Paramount Series 7 (road bike)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The bike was a hit!

Just wanted to thank the folks who helped with some advice when I asked about a bike for my dad, who just turned 70 today.

So I wound up getting him a real nice Schwinn Signature Series Panther. He was definitely surprised and his reaction was a bit hard to read but I think he was pretty excited. He just hopped right on and took off down the street. I caught up with him where he had met my mom, who was at an easter egg hunt with my two nieces.

After everyone had left the easter egg hunt, my dad, my wife, and I took off for a nice spin. My wife stopped off at the house and Dad and I continued to ride for a while. It was a good time.

It was pretty funny when we gave him the bike. The neighbors were out and they all came over to chat and he was showing off his new bike like a 12 year old. He was pretty funny. Some of the neighbors were like, "When did you start riding a bike?" My dad said, "Today! It's my new bike!" Everybody thought it was a really cool bike and commented about how classic it looked.