Old 03-30-13, 10:16 PM
Mr. Beanz
Banned.

Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
On my way to ride today, blessed by a homeless guy!

Gina and I ate at Jack in the Box this morning. I had seen this homeless dude in there before. He walks through and asks people for money. Very timid guy. Poor guy is totally dirty, even looks like he's growing mold on his forehead. I always so no figuring he's going to spend it on booze. After you tell him no, he just says thank you and walks away quietly. Today he did the same and I said no. He then walked over to the trash can inside, dug through it for a minute then pulled out an old dirty french fry and ate it. Oh my gosh, he must be asking for money for food. So I ask Gina for a dollar then call him over and give it to him. I think about it then ask if he'd like something to eat. He said yes so I walked over to the counter with him and ordered a Jumbo Jack combo. I was afraid the counter person would not take his order so I ordered for him as he was totally dirty and his jacket ripped to shreds. Then I handed him the ticket then he thanked me.

It was heartbreaking to see this dude happy with an old french fry form the trash container. But he was so happy, he sat at the corner table and munched on his combo. When we were walking out, Gina asked if I wanted to give him another $5. OK, lets! So we did and then he blessed us with a smile. Wow, to see this guy in total shambles. Not knowing how he got there, sure it could have been his doing but at this point, it doesn't matter. We had a chance to make his day and we did. Heck, we even got blessed by a homeless guy!