Old 04-01-13, 05:13 PM
Beachgrad05
Just Keep Pedaling

Bikes: 99 Schwinn Mesa GS MTB, 15 Trek Domane 5.9 Dura-Ace, 17 Trek Emonda SL6 Pro & 18 Bianchi Vigorelli

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked 67 Times in 34 Posts
GMR April Fools Ride with BF member and 2 GMR newbies

Was a tad chilly to start but actually was perfect weather for riding GMR. First time for me that it wasn't really warm. Thanks to all the training/climbing I have been doing I bested my previous PR from gate to shack by .9 mph!

http://app.strava.com/activities/46851873

Vntgdrms and I wanted to get a ride in up GMR before we took team up. Neither of us wanted to look like fools since it has been several months since either of us rode it. We had two GMR "Virgins" with us. One is a STRONG Athena rider that can climb! The other is a more petit rider who loves to climb and we tease her and call her a billy goat because she just flies up hills.

Here is Lisa with Tracy and Yen.

Here I am with Tracy and Yen.

I owe Tracy as it was SUNNY and WARM at my house and of course every time I have ridden GMR it was really warm. So I did not put my arm warmers, jacket or knee warmers in my bag. (Lesson learned). Tracy had a spare set of arm warmers and she loaned them to me. I was most appreciative (especially on the descent which was CHILLY)

View of where we parked (somewhat...we parked at the dirt lot and skipped that initial hill that you hit if you park at Boulder Springs...both Lisa and I had somewhat tired legs and figured skip that).

Nice shot of one of the early switch backs:

GMR had a "greeter" today early in the climb to welcome us:

Another viewpoint:

More views

Me at the "Shack"

Yen and Tracy at shack

Here is Vntgdrms making her way the last bit to the shack:

The descent from the shack was VERY COLD as mentioned....so I descended in under 19 min. After we all were down...we all headed to Starbucks for something WARM to drink.

Both Tracy and Yen are now HOOKED on riding GMR...I see a trip to the Village in their futures. So another two have been indoctrinated. Buwhahahahaha!

Video to follow...uploading to computer now to edit.