Dannihilator
Still kicking.

Bikes: Bike Count: Rising.

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked 46 Times in 32 Posts
Originally Posted by scrublover
I'm betting it'll work. But...not as well as the SRAM one with the chain shaped to match. I'm waiting on the Wolftooth ones to try on my 88mm BCD XTR crank, and a 30T for my splined SRAM crank. I plan to still run an upper guide, just for piece of mind. Plus, I'm thinking when things start to wear a bit, you'll then be prone to having some slippage/droppage. They and other aftermarkeket companies are all over this.

Running all three bikes now without lower guides, top only and bash protection only on two. Working well, so far... I'm thinking to really only toss the lower roller bits onto the big bike when heading to lift terrain. Haven't really needed it on the local stuff so far, since sticking a clutch rear mech on the bike. IMO, that is key to getting these rings to work well, not just the teeth - just can't see them working as well without a clutch rear mech, particularly on "rowdy" terrain.
Would we even be talking about this if there weren't clutch rear mech's? The sram one probably will work better than the race face one, they did do the development of it mated with the specific chain.