cyclingfilmguy

Bikes: Catrike Road,

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Curb vs trike recumbent

Originally Posted by Jimi77
I'm strongly considering making the move to recumbent biking. Will Tadpoles clear a curb? In the pics it looks like the chain might scrape as you climb the curb, especially with Tadpoles with 20" rear wheels. Can anybody confirm or deny this. In particular the TT Rambler and Sportster have caught my eye. The ICE Adventure looks nice, but that's really stretching my budget.

TIA
Jimi
I ride the Catrike road, you can see me four to six times a week heading up the strip from downtown to the south strip outlet mall to work. My first question would be why are you going over curbs in the first place? As to will they clear a curb? NO... well no curb over two inchs and even that is a big if. In the 12 years that I have been riding trike recumbents just short of being run off the road and having to hit the curb so as not to be run over, I don't find a need to be jumping curbs.

Just another thought,as I went back and looked through the other replies, it looks like most of you or some of you are talking bout riding your trikes/bikes on the sidewalks, which in most states is against the law/road rules. Now granted it is a law that is seldom if ever inforces, being that I live and ride here in las vegas nv, you are better off on the road. not to mention they take a dim view of you running over tourist, not that,that isn't fun, but they frown on it none the less.)

Happy riding

Cyclingfilmguy
Las Vegas NV

Last edited by cyclingfilmguy; 04-04-13 at 02:46 PM. Reason: add