View Single Post
Old 04-05-13, 08:47 AM
gdhi11

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New User--Wanting a folder on a budget

Hey, I just joined bike forums today and am looking forward to participating in the community.

I want to get a bicycle for health reasons. I haven't ridden a bike in probably 12-13 years and I'm 28. I work in office environments as an IT consultant and simply do not get enough exercise. Getting a bike seems like a logical choice to keep active and fit.

I'm 5'8" and 250 Lbs. Live in the Chicago Suburbs but don't plan on riding in the extreme winter weather.

What attracted me to folding bikes was really practicality plus I don't want to mount a bike rack on my car for any bike trail riding I want to do that is not within riding distance to my condo. There is also limited storage available at my condo for my bike, no racks, and my association won't let me store it on our patio--I know because I got written up on accident since my Neighbor stores his on the patio.

I don't have lot of money to work with right now and want to get started soon, my budget is between $200 and $300 bucks. I was looking at Citizen bikes but have a feeling they are not that great, I mean for the price I don't expect the latches and stuff to hold out for more than 2 or 3 years. I know Dahon's are supposedly great bikes but the only one I can afford is a single speed.

Should I be looking for something used or are there better deals on Dahon bikes that I'm not aware of.