Thread: Average Rides
View Single Post
Old 04-05-13, 12:33 PM
Gallo

Bikes: 2019 KonaLibre- 2003 Litespeed Vortex -2016 Intense Spider Factory Build -2008 Wilier Mortorolio- Specialized Stumpjumper Hardtail converted to bafang 750 mid drive -1986 Paramount 2014 - --- Pivot Mach 429c

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by calamarichris
That's the problem with Strava--now we're all walkin' around the gym shower with no towels on.
Don't worry about the numbers or what everyone else is doing. We're all under a pretty large bell-curve and the only ones outside it are Cat2's+ & Pros who don't have jobs, families, and are too busy riding to bother posting stuff in a forum like this, (or indeed too busy riding to post it on Strava.)
Ride like you did before Strava started ruining it for you.
dude you walk around the gym with no towel on? gotta to be some sort of code violation.

Unless I am looking for climbing your numbers seem on the above average to be what I would expect here in socal

typical ride for me is 20 miles about 1k of climbing.

If I ride the coast is flattens out a bit

If I ride the hills it increases to like close 1k per 10 miles like Lesper4 commented on. I would disagree that it does not sound like much as 1k per ten miles is an honest ride

That part of the data is cool but what I find useful is riding the route and looking at how well I did today vs the past

as a Strava junkie I rarely ride without my fix now. I think Strava helps motivate me and has enhanced my riding rather than ruin it. I obsess when I see a computer in front of me at all times so I run the iphone app and it goes in my pocket

edit

just crunched my stats for this year and got the following

average ride length 23.39
average ride time 1:45
Average Elevation 1232.22
Average speed 13.26

those are my averages so far this year

Last edited by Gallo; 04-05-13 at 12:46 PM. Reason: columbo syndrome just one more thing