View Single Post
Old 04-06-13, 03:37 PM
jppe
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 408 Posts
Originally Posted by tsl
Make sure you test ride one with tubeless tires. Not just plain tubeless ready, but actual took-the-ready-and-made-it-tubeless tubeless. From what I've seen, you won't be able to get the plastic clear of your wallet fast enough.

I started working at a shop recently. Every Domane that's been test ridden has either been sold on the spot, or the customer comes back and says something like, "Okay, now on mine I want it with..." I wasn't on the schedule today, but I stopped by this afternoon, as two more--his and hers, a pair of 4.5s--went out the door. There's two that I won't have to pump up the tires on Monday.

Fortunately for me, we haven't been able to keep them in my size in stock long enough for me to test ride one myself. And frankly, with my budget, they scare me. With any luck, Trek will sell out completely before I get a chance to test ride one.
Totally agree with the tubeless. I now wish I'd gone tubeless with my most recent wheelset but hey, wheels are cheaper than bikes!!!!

Sounds like the Domane with tubeless wheels would be a really great ride for week long supported tours. Hmmmmm