SS_Giant
might be Phil Schwartz

Bikes: thats none of your information BF

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Meper
What are the primary use for these "fixed gear" bikes? .....town bikes......or also longer rides? .....do you have different gearings on your bikes so you have one for different purposes? ......I think for longer rides a "free-wheel" bike is the best?
I think what you use your bike for is completely up to the rider. I use my bike for a town bike, but also for rides in the 30 mile range. Some people use it for training, some people for the track.

Gearing comes from knowing your riding environment and what you are going to be encountering as far as elevation change etc. I have seen some people have two fixed cogs on a flip-flop and I am assuming they might switch the wheel around depending on where they are riding.

And hey thats your opinion, it seems people either a. hate fixed gear bikes b. see them as efficient around town errand runners when they're not fully kitted on their carbon roadie or c. enjoy riding them for the 'challenge' and feel of riding fixed (which is what I'd say most people that hang around here do)