Thread: Paris - Roubaix
View Single Post
Old 04-07-13, 08:10 PM
cthenn

Bikes: 2023 Canyon Aeoroad CF SL, 2015 Trek Emonda SLR, 2002 Litespeed Classic, 2005 Bianchi Pista, Some BikesDirect MTB I never ride.

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 647 Post(s)
Liked 136 Times in 89 Posts
Originally Posted by Giacomo 1
I believe that Vanmarke was actually ahead of Cancellara when he stopped pedaling, so I think your first thought can't be right. However, your second point could be right, although IMHO, you just don't run out of gas in sight of the finish in a race this big. But, you know Cancellara did a lot of talking with the young Vanmarke on those last kilometers, so...who knows what they talked about...

And in truth, I'm quite a big Cancellara fan, so I would hate to think the fix was in here...

LOL, what a ludicrous statement! Yeah, a pro rider is willing to purposefully lose arguably the biggest one-day race in the world...for what? Money? From the security of my sofa in America, watching a race in France on my TV, I can say with 100% certainty there was no fix to the end of that race. There's a bigger chance Lance Armstrong was clean for his whole career than this race was fixed.