Thread: Warm Ups
View Single Post
Old 04-07-13, 10:42 PM
road2you

Location: born in DC, . . . . . . . . . . . raised in MD, living in the OC. . .

Bikes: TREK 2300 carbon Frame|-&-|LEADER 735T

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by getaklug
3 things wrong with those, plastic, parabolic, and that dumb platform.
As I said I ride rollers, definitely better than a trainer, so go for rollers, but go for aluminum drums. I ride plastic and it feels like crap, aluminum might be a little more expensive but I think it would be worth it.

Also, don't worry about falling off, the idea of parabolic rollers scares me because i think it would be better to just fall off then have your wheels sent off in the opposite direction you are heading, you might fall of and thats that, you should always ride next to a wall so you can lean on it if you feel you are going too far either way.

And that foot platform is too far back, useless. My rollers don't have a platform and it would be nice, but not necessary. Getting on the bike isn't easy and a platform wouldn't help.

I feel like I told you a lot and it may be hard to understand, feel free to ask questions, you might even want to start a thread on just rollers, there is just so much to say.
you hvent lost me nor said alot, i watched alot of youtube videos, some ppl made like home made platforms, that seem to work better then whats on the one in the video above.
the rollers to me seem really fun, the other kind that you anchor your bike in seem so boring to me. this kind of roller keeps you on your toes

but i really dont have any other options, i can get this one for $75
its like this one.
http://www.performancebike.com/bikes...21_-1___000000

the cheapest one ive found is for $200
http://www.performancebike.com/bikes...45_-1___000000

i told 'jigga Moms' i was going to get one and she was like dont waste your money, your always on the road riding, why would you need this for.
but for $75 i dont think i should pass it up.