Old 04-08-13, 04:22 AM
Burton
Certified Bike Brat

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by dwmckee
I have to agree with you that the Biolite is on the heavier side when you compare stove to stove, but when you add in a quart of fuel for a conventional stove, the weight difference is gone. Also, the Biolite has huge output suitable for cooking for a large group. If you are solo or just 2 people, and do not cook a ton then conventional options are better. We generally travel on a group or 8 riders and this stove meets the needs of the whole group, so again when you look at the weight to provide cooking for 8 it is a huge advantage for us. Also, if you are extensively in areas where fuel is scarce, the Biolite is a huge plus...
Thanks for the post! I usually travel with one or more other people and that looks REALLY interesting! Not only solves the fuel supply issue but would be a non-issue to fly with since there's no fuel tank. Alcohol has been the easiest fuel I've been able to fond internationally, followed by gasoline, then white gas and cannisters only rarely in Colombia and Peru.