View Single Post
Old 04-08-13, 06:24 AM
jppe
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 408 Posts
Originally Posted by JimF22003
I think it might be. The years are starting to run together

I'm really, really worried about Mountains of Misery this year. I'm way overweight right now. My body can't quite do what it thinks it should be able to...

Sunday I did the "Edinburg Gap" ride in reverse, that goes about 40 miles up the valley (south) from Front Royal, over to Edinburg, and over the gap into Fort Valley and back. Only about 5K of climbing, and the only real long climb was the gap itself. But man, my legs were burning. Worst part was the horrendous headwinds on the first half. The sweet cruise back down Fort Valley with a tailwind made it all worth it though.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/294857179
It's good that you're worried. Now you'll train that much more and be in even better shape for MoM. Just keep up the climbing and you'll be in great shape come Memorial Day.

If it's any consolation I feel exactly the same way about Mitchell-I'm just not where I need to be conditioning wise. I seem to be good for 60 miles but it's that last 30 or so where I'm really having to back off. AOMM is the weekend before MoM and I'm just praying my body is going to get more accustomed to the extended abuse within 30+ days. The conditioning always seems to come around so I'm just trying to stay true to the cause. I'm probably going to be as slow as ever but as tough as AOMM and MoM are just finishing and still able to stand up is plenty enough for me.