Old 04-08-13, 12:51 PM
Neuvation
Bike Forums Official Vendor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Neuvation Newsletter April 8th Sram To Introduce 11 Speed Hydraulic Disc Group

Velonews posted an article of a new Red 11 speed group that will include options for hydraulic rim and disc brakes. There’s a lot of buzz about road disc brakes (mostly negative) but they seem to be firmly entrenched in cross (at least in the US – Europe has been slower to adapt). Parts should begin to trickle out in a couple to a few months. I plan on seeing it for the first time in a couple of weeks at The Sea Otter.

I was a part of the introduction of disc brakes in the early 90’s (Sachs was one of the first) and know this is not going to be easy or fast, but it is inevitable.

In about eight weeks I will introduce Neuvation disc hubs (135 rear) for custom builds onto either the new wider clincher rims, wider alloy tubular rims, or onto clincher or tubular carbon rims. Most likely I will also introduce a carbon cross disc brake bike in early July.

Also in the cards for us is an expansion of our custom build wheel program. We have seen significant growth in that part of our business and I would like to expand our offerings on both Neuvaton branded components and on others. I hope to have an expanded custom wheel section on the site before the end of the weekend.

Thanks for reading – John Neugent

The carbon clincher rims are here. (C45 and C55). These are going to go fast only 10 sets left and the next ones are due in the middle of May. Take an extra 10% off through the end of the week. Discount applied at checkout. I have also added photos to the C45 and C55 items so you can get a good look at them.

The sale on the R28 SLW wheels continues with 10% off any orders. Rims are in stock and the builds are taking a couple of days so order now.