View Single Post
Old 04-08-13, 12:59 PM
slimbo77

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Walter S
Sounds promising. I miss having a rear view mirror. I hate helmet mirrors and won't use one. My current bike (Surly) has bar end shifters where I used to have a mirror on my old bike that just had conventional drop bars. I've been riding for months without a mirror and it makes me nervous sometimes.

Do you think you could attach a picture? I don't know what kind of mirror to buy. What kind of mount is it that you're adapting to the down tube?

Walter S (and Bokerfest - sorry, my PM back to you wouldnt send for some reason - but I think the following answers your question.)

I'll post some pics shortly. The mirror i use is from Blackburn. The new model has an attachment that fits into the bar ends - which might not work so well. The older model I have, has a velcro attachment that is supposed to fit over the grips. This fits quite neatly around the downtube. Not sure if this would fit so well on large diameter alloy downtubes - I have skinny steel tubes there - but would be easily adapted with a couple of ties.

Pics to follow.
cheers
slimbo