View Single Post
Old 04-08-13, 02:53 PM
Moe Swift

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Fast Commuter for Around $800

I plan on bike commuting to work (on days when it isn't freezing cold, snowing or raining) once I move back to my old neighborhood, right across the East River from Manhattan. I'm willing to spend a bit more if necessary (no more than 1K). I want something light and fast with a compact fold but doesn't have to be Brompton small. I was looking at the Xootr Swift for a while but the large fold size killed it for me. There's actually a Swift in "great condition" on Craigslist now for $500 and the owner said he'll go as low as $450, if anyone is interested. It's in Corona, Queens. Anyway, I was looking at the Vector P8 but I'm not crazy about the Color Scheme. I like the Tern link P9 (the white one) but I'm not crazy about the frame. I would like something with a newer frame design if possible. My Dream bike is the Tern Verge X10 but I can't afford it and I'm not sure I would spend that much on a bike even if I could (I'm lying, I would). I also like the Dahon Speed P8 but apparently it isn't so fast and probably not so light.

About me:
  • male
  • early 30's
  • pretty athletic
  • 6' 0"
  • 183 lbs
  • 32 inch inseam
  • want to use the bike for commuting but also for recreational riding and may even use it for a side gig as a process server

any suggestions?