CaliforniaEbike
Doug

Bikes: many

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello kmcrawford111,
At first glance, I would opt for motorizing the front wheel and saving the internally-geared SRAM on the back wheel. Probably a 750 to 1000 watt 48 volt direct drive. The only concern I would have is the aluminum forks. We don't normally recommend using the high power hubs on aluminum but as long as they are not cast aluminum you probably are OK. If your going to make the electric hub do most of the work however, from what you describe, your going to need a good sized battery probably around 20Ah with a 5c rate. A battery of this size will probably have to be mounted on the rear rack and motorizing the front wheel will balance out the load. I have included a link that will provide basic information to help you make a selection http://california-ebike.com/ebike-co...kit-selection/
Our standard battery (10 Ah) will, on average get about 17-18 miles between charges with lite pedaling but that puts you on the fringe and is not recommended for your ride and elevation variations. I would also recommend the Lyen controller with regen and top it off with a Cycle Analyst setup to properly monitor your system.