Old 04-09-13, 09:51 PM
Bent In El Paso

Bikes: Co-Motion Speedster Co-Pilot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by twocicle
Do you have the older CDC belt system and not the newer CDX (CenterTrack)? The latter is a piece of cake to setup as the center track keeps the belt from wandering off to the side.

The CDC system is more particular to alignment and belt tension. You should note that with the CDC rings (or CDX for that matter) it does not matter which way you mount them. Retaining ring in, ring out, whatever... no diff. In fact, in some cases people prefer to mix the ring orientation... one ring in, one ring out for various reasons.

If you continue to have issues with the CDC setup, the CenterTrack system should alleviate problems you may have had with the old system.
Actually I have a CDX system on the way.

When I spoke to Gates a couple of years ago about the CDC stoker sprocket installed backwards, they told me that it would cause the belt and sprockets to wear improperly. Since we had a couple thousand miles on the components, their recommendation was to replace the belt and both sprockets. Co-Motion agreed to replace the belt but did not want to replace the sprockets.

We have put over 10K miles on the CDC system. I'm ready to move on to what is hopefully a better system.

Last edited by Bent In El Paso; 04-10-13 at 08:30 AM.