View Single Post
Old 09-06-05, 04:23 PM
jk610

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
AHH...popped chain!

Well that was quite possibly the scariest thing that ever happened to me. Coming down a pretty nice sized downhill, same as I do everyday as it leads to my street. They must have started some road work over the weekend because ahead of me lies some uneven pavement. I figure no biggie, I always have to do a little hop over bumps this is no different. As soon as the back wheel hits the uneven pavement pop goes the chain. Now Im going downhill through a 4 way interesection, thank god my side was green, and im picking up more speed. In my head all I could do was pray the chain didnt get stuck in the back wheel somehow because I wouldve been a goner. Eventually I tail off the street into some grass and was able to slow myself down. This has never happened before and I believe my chain tension is very good. I have the chain back on and nothing seems out of line. Was it probably just because of the way I hit the bump? I really dont want to ride to class tomorrow and have that happen again so Im going to take it very slow. This is the first time Ive popped a chain so if it happens once does it mean it probably will again?