Old 04-10-13, 10:33 PM
Taxi Rob

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by anixi
^Here's an idea: get a canti brake pad recommendation. I'm sure there are fine pads out there that will come close to doubling the braking power of the stock ones.
I just installed Odyssey Ghost pads on my chainstay u-brake, and they're amazing little creatures. I do use a 203mm disc in front for probably about 80% of my braking, but the rear modulates well and will lock when I want it to, and it doesn't squeal. All else being equal, pads are everything.

Also, you guys and your High Sierras and Cimarrons have got me going. Tomorrow I'm picking up a Mirada, which is set up as a sort of townie style, and is rocking an unfortunate claw-mount derailleur. Something about it is screaming at me to buy it, I'm not sure what it is exactly, but I already ordered barends, and I'm sitting on some Pivo rando bars and DiaCompe non-aero levers. Finished bike will be 3x7 Shimano indexed with a Falcon ramped freewheel.

I guess I mostly want the Suntour XCII beartraps off of it for my next SS, and at the same time want to explore the most basic drop bar conversion process as opposed to the full customs I've been building. "Before" pic tomorrow, stay tuned.

Last edited by Taxi Rob; 04-10-13 at 10:44 PM.