View Single Post
Old 04-11-13, 11:48 AM
CommuteCommando

Bikes: KHS Alite 500, Trek 7.2 FX , Masi Partenza, Masi Fixed Special, Masi Cran Criterium

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Hermes
. . . The others are the recreational or performance cyclists who may or may not be strong riders and may have little to no racing experience. IMO, the intent of the games are geared toward the second group. . .
This is the impression I got from researching the website. When I first heard of the games I was under the impression that it was a more elite geared event than it actually is. This is not a bad thing, especially for those of us with a sedentary past who are in it more for fitness and recovery from past inactivity.

Originally Posted by Hermes
. . . However, the 5k and 10k time trials are another story. You will still have the USAC racers competing but one can train for the event and compete to post a time and see how well you can do against other riders of similar experience. . .
I like the idea of 5 and 10 k TT, though outside the senior games 20k seems to be the most common distance.

To the OP. The racing forums are a good place to lurk and learn. This guy, Hermes, seems to be one of the more knowledgeable I've read.