Old 04-11-13, 12:28 PM
freighttraininguphill

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jandro
Awesome! They look great and probably, as you've said, feel a million times better.
They were much more comfortable, although the pair I wore yesterday has a rubbery section around the bottom of the inside of the legs that is supposed to keep them from riding up your legs (my guess). Near the end of the ride that got a little irritating on my left leg so I moved it up a tiny bit so it was pressing on a different area. Other than that, they are a huge improvement.

The other more expensive pair is even better because it doesn't have that rubbery part. My riding partner suggested chamois cream, and I'm sure that's been helping me a lot also.

I also got a 2012 Giro Atmos helmet on clearance at biketiresdirect.com for $99.99. The normal price is $180. It is lighter and has better ventilation than my old Bell Lumen. It looks better too.

Originally Posted by Jandro
Holy crap! That max HR. O_O. Way to go.
Ah yes, that Park Drive climb. My average heart rate on that climb was 194 My 42x16 is a little too high for that one, so I really struggle to climb it. My vintage Peugeot mixte frame conversion with the 42x17 and wider moustache bars does better. In fact I got a PR on that climb when I rode the Peugeot, even though the last time I climbed that hill I was on my geared road bike.

The Langster is still a faster bike on most hills though, and definitely on flat ground.

Last edited by freighttraininguphill; 11-16-18 at 03:05 PM.